A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Humana (NYSE: HUM) recently:
- 9/13/2018 – Humana is now covered by analysts at Barclays PLC. They set an “overweight” rating and a $370.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/4/2018 – Humana had its price target raised by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG from $350.00 to $370.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 9/4/2018 – Humana had its price target raised by analysts at Argus to $375.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 8/24/2018 – Humana had its price target raised by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies from $355.00 to $380.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 8/8/2018 – Humana was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of Humana have outperformed its industry’s growth year to date. Moreover, the company has witnessed its 2018 and 2019 earnings estimates move upward over the last seven days. The insurer is well-poised for growth on its strong Medicare business. Its top line has been witnessing an uptrend for the past several years. Sufficient generation of cash flow has helped the company take up many capital deployment initiatives aimed at enhancing its shareholder value. Humana’s sound balance sheet and a disciplined capital management remain its major tailwinds. Acquisitions and dispositions made by the company have also led to business growth over the last few quarters. Following the solid second-quarter results and the buyouts of Curo Healthcare and Kindred, the company provided a bullish EPS guidance for 2018. However, its rising level of expenses persistently weighs on the bottom line.”
- 8/2/2018 – Humana had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $362.00 to $365.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 8/2/2018 – Humana had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They now have a $350.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/2/2018 – Humana had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada. They now have a $318.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/2/2018 – Humana had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies. They now have a $355.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/2/2018 – Humana had its price target raised by analysts at Bank of America Corp from $338.00 to $375.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 8/2/2018 – Humana had its price target raised by analysts at Jefferies Financial Group Inc from $356.00 to $372.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Humana stock opened at $337.93 on Friday. Humana Inc has a 52 week low of $231.90 and a 52 week high of $338.38. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.47, a current ratio of 1.43 and a quick ratio of 1.43. The stock has a market cap of $45.68 billion, a P/E ratio of 28.86, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 1.65 and a beta of 0.96.
Humana (NYSE:HUM) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, August 1st. The insurance provider reported $3.96 EPS for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of $3.79 by $0.17. Humana had a return on equity of 17.43% and a net margin of 2.48%. The business had revenue of $14.26 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $14.16 billion. During the same quarter last year, the company posted $3.49 earnings per share. sell-side analysts predict that Humana Inc will post 14.18 EPS for the current year.
The firm also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, October 26th. Investors of record on Friday, September 28th will be issued a dividend of $0.50 per share. This represents a $2.00 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 0.59%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, September 27th. Humana’s payout ratio is currently 17.08%.
In other news, CEO Bruce D. Broussard sold 18,000 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, September 10th. The stock was sold at an average price of $328.66, for a total transaction of $5,915,880.00. Following the completion of the sale, the chief executive officer now owns 71,085 shares in the company, valued at $23,362,796.10. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is available at this hyperlink. Also, insider Elizabeth D. Bierbower sold 3,092 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Thursday, August 16th. The stock was sold at an average price of $330.00, for a total value of $1,020,360.00. Following the sale, the insider now owns 14,289 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $4,715,370. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders have sold 51,752 shares of company stock valued at $16,581,234 in the last quarter. 0.60% of the stock is currently owned by corporate insiders.
Several large investors have recently modified their holdings of HUM. FMR LLC boosted its holdings in shares of Humana by 12.7% during the second quarter. FMR LLC now owns 12,212,514 shares of the insurance provider’s stock worth $3,634,811,000 after acquiring an additional 1,374,030 shares during the period. Old Mutual Global Investors UK Ltd. boosted its holdings in shares of Humana by 213.1% during the first quarter. Old Mutual Global Investors UK Ltd. now owns 727,057 shares of the insurance provider’s stock worth $195,454,000 after acquiring an additional 494,826 shares during the period. Ceredex Value Advisors LLC bought a new stake in shares of Humana during the first quarter worth approximately $107,093,000. Glenmede Trust Co. NA boosted its holdings in shares of Humana by 153.7% during the second quarter. Glenmede Trust Co. NA now owns 500,266 shares of the insurance provider’s stock worth $148,895,000 after acquiring an additional 303,080 shares during the period. Finally, Unigestion Holding SA bought a new stake in shares of Humana during the second quarter worth approximately $79,340,000. Institutional investors own 93.00% of the company’s stock.
Humana Inc is a health and well-being company focused on making it easy for people to achieve best health. Its strategy integrates care delivery, the member experience, and clinical & consumer insights to encourage engagement, behavior change, proactive clinical outreach, and wellness for the people.
Further Reading: Outstanding Shares and The Effect on Share Price
Receive News & Ratings for Humana Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Humana Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.